This course has been designed to assist employers in meeting their legal obligations under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 details that any employee who is liable to be exposed to asbestos must be given adequate information, instruction and trining to ensure they can safeguard themselves and other employees and carry out their work effectively.
This course is suitable for those who may come into contact with asbestos as part of their daily work activity e.g. general maintenance staff, plasterers, gas fitters, electricians, shop fitters, painters and decorators and heathing and ventilation enginners.
On completion learners will understand:
- Background information on asbestos
- The risks and hazards associated with asbestos
- Leglislation and guidance
- Responsibilities of employers and employees.
- Information on measures to eliminate or minimise risk