This course is designed to provide staff with the knowledge to heighten their awareness of the potential risk of aggression and violence that they may face in their workplace. The course is then designed to equip them with the skills and knowledge required to enable them to confidently deal with and defuse such incidents of customer conflict. The training is in accordance with the Nationally Approved Conflict Resolution Model and is a mixture of both theoretical and practical scenario based training.
Examples of the subjects covered on the course are detailed below. However, it should be noted that the generic content can be tailored to meet individual client needs.
- Course introduction and Introduction to workplace violence
- Legislation and Employment Law
- Assessment and reduction of risk
- Conflict avoidance
- Communication Skills
- De-escalating Situations
- High Risk Conflict & Exit Strategies
- Post Incident Support
Conflict Management & Personal Safety Course
By the end of the course learners will:
- Recognise the various stages of conflict and aggression.
- use appropriate techniques to prevent escalation.
- Use verbal and non verbal communication to resolve confrontational situations.
- Maintain their composure and deal effectively with customers in difficult situations.
- Understand and manage conflict “flashpoints”.
- Risk assess situations and decide on effective exit strategies.