The objective of this qualification is to allow learners to develop their knowledge and skills in basic paediatric first aid to meet the needs of their role in work, or another setting, and allows progression into further first aid training.
Learners will be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation, such as a child or an infant who is unresponsive, has an airway obstruction, has breathing difficulties or is suffering from shock.
Paediatric First Aid Awareness
By the end of the course the learner will:
- Understand what Paediatric First Aid is
- Manage a child who is responsive
- Manage a child and an infant who is unresponsive and breathing normally and who is not breathing normally
- Identify and administer first aid to a child and an infant who is choking
- Administer first aid for small cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nose bleeds
- Identify and administer first aid to a child and an infant from two of the following subjects