As an emplyer, it is your responsibility to ensure the health, safety and welfare of your staff. This includes ensuring not only that the Display Screen Equipment that they use is safe but also that it is correctly configured for their use.
The Health & Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 state that employers are required to:
- Analyse workstations and reduce risks.
- Consider the workstation including equipment, furniture and the work environment
- The job being done
- Any special needs of employees
- Where risks are identified to take steps to reduce them
- Ensure workstations meet minimum requirements
- Provide health and safety training
Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
On completion learners will understand:
- The risks from DSE work
- Review user assessments and identify additional controls
- How to tackle problems
- Where to go for additional help
- Recording significant findings