The 1-Day Infection Control course, has been designed to raise employees awareness of the risk of infection and also to provide them with the knowledge to minimise these risks. The course is suitable for a variety of individuals, including new employees who posses either minimal or no prior knowledge of Infection Control.
The course provides candidates with an improved understanding of the causes of infections, the conditions that they thrive in and the ways they can be spread. It also covers suitable methods of cleaning and wastes disposal to help stop infection from spreading, as well as information on personal protective equipment that can be used.
Candidates who successfully complete the course will be able to help organisations to comply with requirements in this subject area.
On completion learners will understand:
- Common diseases and the Chain of Infection
- The Law and relevant guidelines
- Understanding standard infection control practices
- Correct management of spills
- Personal/Hand Hygiene
- Environmental Control
- Risk Assessment
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Understanding roles and responsibilities in preventing infection
- How to manage waste correctly
The course has been designed to allow it to be tailored to meet the needs of the client and we are always happy to discuss how we can meet your exact requirements.
Training manuals can be provided at a cost of £7.50 per learner.