This qualification will provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding required for those working in areas/sectors where the assistance and movement of people is part of their role. The objective of the qualification is to prepare learners for employment or to support a role in the workplace.
The qualification is suitable for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in the movement of people safely, as well as being a suitable qualification for safety refresher training.
This qualification covers the safe moving and handling principles for both objects/load and the assistance of moving people
Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (RQF)
On completion learners will understand:
Unit 1 Manual Handling Safety at Work
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles
Unit 2 Moving People Safety
- Understand the personal safety health and dignity issues relating to the movement of a person by others
- Understand how a personal handling plan and risk assessment reduce the risk of injury to everyone involved in moving a person
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with moving people safely
- Be able to apply safe principles when moving a person