The objective of the qualification is to support a role in the workplace as a risk assessor. This qualification is designed for learners with a responsibility to conduct risk assessments at low risk premises. It covers the principles of risk assessment, the relationship between hazard and risk and requires learners use the knowledge learned on the course by undertaking a risk assessment. Therefore, laying a foundation for further development as a risk assessor.
Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment (RQF)
By the end of the course learners will:
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace
- Understand the principles involved in risk assessment
- Understand the relationship between hazard and risk as part of an accident and ill health prevention strategy
- Apply the hierarchy of controls to control risk to an acceptable level.
- Apply knowledge of the risk assessment process in a workplace